Sunday, February 12, 2012

That's YAMore: Love & Then Some



Oasis for YA is hosting a blogfest in honor of Valentine's Day. Basically, post your most swoon-worthy and romantic moments. I settled for funny, yet romantic from the guy's POV. This is from my latest WIP It's Coop Not Cupid

Not to mention Writing With Hope is hosting one too! "Is it Getting Hot in Here?" Going to kill two birds with one stone!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shit. Shit. Shit. Here came the tears. I could see them glossing over her eyes. They were silent when they fell. Alex leaned into me. 
“I feel so damn pathetic.” Then the crying came. She tried hard to muffle them, poor girl.
Just seeing her there on my lap, sobbing like some kind of raccoon, I couldn’t help it. Something inside me twisted and I tugged on her chin. She looked up at me.
“You’re not pathetic, okay.”
Maybe it was the puppy-dog eyes or my lack of judgment, but I kissed her. I kissed her hard and full, pulling her closer to me.  
Thing was...she kissed back.
The ride halted as we parted. There stood Sam, eying me with a look I could only interpret as hatred. I grinned. Gods, I couldn’t help it. That prick had it coming. I wrapped an arm around Alex as we stepped off. It was about time he proved himself. Did he like the girl or not?
“Coop,” Alex whispered. “What did we…?”
I smiled. “Don’t worry. Now, we’ll see how that Sam of yours really feels.”
“Wait, that was just a test?” She looked up, then slowly a smile spread onto her pink lips.
“You know,” she said. “That was my first kiss that was just fun and didn’t mean a darn thing. That was kind of awesome.”
I raised a brow. “What’d you expect? I’m the god of love, sweetheart.”

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee,hee,hee. I want Coop to move in next door to me so we can be snarky together.

Jessie Harrell said...

what a fun scene! it makes me think Coop is getting in deeper than he bargained for though... even "meaningless" kissing catches up to a guy eventually. well done & thanks for participating!

Ezmirelda said...

This is so cute! Love it. :D

Natalie Decker said...

Ouu, how cute. Trouble is not far behind. ;)

Larissa said...

Nicely done! I really love Coop's voice. :)

Elizabeth Prats said...

Thanks everyone and yes, Larissa, trouble is not far behind at all--in fact next two chapters are so action packed with boy punching boy and way too many kisses aahha.

Sarah--I'll send him right over.

Jessie--Thanks for hosting this fun YAMore blogfest!

Adrianne Russell said...

Yeah, you can definitely tell trouble's on the horizon!

Kelley Vitollo said...

Sooo cute!

Unknown said...

I really loved the voice here! Now I want to know what happens next with Sam! :)

Leigh Covington said...

Love it! Cute, indeed! Great job!

Angela McCallister said...

I'd totally read this! I'm rooting for Coop, the total sweetheart ;)

Elizabeth Prats said...

Lol aw thank you everyone! Glad you like it---Crystal thanks! I was worried about doing a guy's voice--but I'm pretty proud of it so far :)

Angela..so am I--but you never know ;)

Unknown said...

AWW. I love the playfulness!!

Hope Roberson said...

That was a teaser ;) Nicely done!

LynNerdKelley said...

Your writing rocks! Nice!